The Gerald I. Lamkin Center and The Society of Innovators of Northwest Indiana have launched the “Champions of Innovation Project” with participating Chambers of Commerce across Northwest Indiana.
These Chambers are eligible at no financial obligation for the title of “Champions of Innovation” if they agree to a nine-point process, including the following:
- Encourage participation in the nominations process by making a minimum of two nominations a year of individuals and/or teams:
- Embrace ongoing support and good will toward Ivy Tech Northwest and The Society of Innovators, including participating in our activities.
- Help increase awareness of innovation among Chamber members, the Chamber’s community and Northwest Indiana.
We are pleased to announce the following “Champions of Innovation Chambers:”
Champions of Innovation Chambers
Duneland Chamber of Commerce
Greater Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce
Starke County Chamber of Commerce
Gary Chamber of Commerce
Michigan City Area Chamber of Commerce
Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce
Crossroads Regional Chamber
Demotte Chamber of Commerce
Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce
Rensselaer Chamber of Commerce
The 9-Point Process for Chambers to participate in the Champions of Innovation Project:
Point 1: Serve Chamber Members in any or multiple counties of Jasper, Lake, La Porte, Newton, Porter, Pulaski and Starke Counties;
Point 2: Consent to and allow the Society of Innovator’s 5- minute Chamber presentation that will explain our definition of innovation, the continuum of innovation and the nomination process;
Point 3: Demonstrate support for the nominations process by attending or sending a representative for the annual “Call for Nominations” news conference;
Point 4: Make nominations of individuals and teams. The participating chamber is requested to make two nominations for individuals and/or teams. This is to be done annually because innovation will benefit your Members, Communities, and Northwest Indiana;
Point 5: Encourage nominations of individuals and/or teams from your communities and among your Members.
Point 6: Promote adopting a culture of creativity and innovation for Northwest Indiana;
Point 7: Acknowledge others who contribute to promoting innovation;
Point 8: Remind your Members to nominate individuals and/or teams during the nomination period; and
Point 9: Join us at the Chancellor’s Awards Celebration when we celebrate your Chamber as a “Champion of Innovation” and have you featured on the Lamkin I & E
Center, Ivy Tech Northwest web site starting in 2012.
- No cost to participate;
- The Chamber “Champion of Innovation” will be acknowledged in a news release by The Society of Innovators of Northwest Indiana;
- Receive recognition at the Annual Induction Ceremony;
- Awarded a special plaque by Chancellor Thomas G. Coley at Annual Awards Celebration;
- Part of an elite group that assists in establishing Northwest Indiana as a region known for innovation